Mobile Terms of Service
LASTED UPDATED: October 28, 2016
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Changes to Terms of Service. This page describes our current Terms of Service and notes at the top of the page the date they were “Last Updated” and became effective. We may update or change them from time to time, at our sole discretion, and without prior notice to you. Thus, please review the Terms of Service and Rules periodically to learn of any changes.
Continued Use. Your continued use of our Services, after the posting of any changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If any change is unacceptable to you, you may either cease using our Services and/or close your remote wagering account (if any).
Additional Terms of Service. Please note that additional and/or different conditions and terms of service may apply to services or products provided through one or more of our partners, advertisers, business associates, Suppliers (as defined below), the 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors (as defined below), or third parties, and you should refer to those before using such services or products.
- DESCRIPTION OF OUR SERVICES
We offer gaming content (as defined below), and Account Wagering through our network of partners and the 4 Bears Mobile App (which can be utilized only in the State of North Dakota for on premise wagering or other approved jurisdictions when using the application for points. The term “Content” means, but is not limited to, horse racing, daily fantasy sports, on premise casino games, wagering opportunities, promotions, contests, odds, lines, news, other reports, data, graphics, text, visual interface, and information, displayed in our casino or on the 4 Bears Mobile App.
- OPENING A 4 BEARS PLAYERS CLUB ACCOUNT
To participate in account wagering you must open an account with us. You must complete an Account Wagering Application (“Application”), which is available on our Website http://4bearscasino.com/slots/players-club/apply/
and 4 Bears Casino and Lodge, and present it in person, along with valid picture ID (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued ID) and Social Security card, to a 4 Bears representative on location. Once we verify the information in the Application, and you open and fund your wagering account, you will be able to place bets when this type of wagering becomes available.
- AGE REQUIREMENTS
Betting is an adult recreational form of entertainment. We do not market or advertise our Services to persons under the age of 21. By using our services, you certify that you are at least 21 years of age. If you are younger than 21 years of age, you are prohibited from accessing or using any of our services, and may not: (i) submit information to the web site, (ii) purchase any goods or services from us, (iii) establish any account with us, or (d) access or attempt to access any password-restricted information contained on our web site, or any remote wagering account.
Parents or Guardians of Children:
Persons under 21 years of age are prohibited from using our Services. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 21 years of age. If we learn that personal information of persons who are under 21 has been collected on our Services, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has submitted information for and/or obtained a remote wagering account, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and request that we remove his or her information from our systems and close the account, if any.
- VERIFICATION OF YOUR IDENTITY; ACCURATE INFORMATION
You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information to us, and represent and warrant that the name and address, and all other information, you supply when opening a remote wagering account, and anytime thereafter, are true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to refuse or limit access to, suspend or terminate your account, without prior notice to you, and to refuse any and all current or future use of our Services.
- ACCOUNT NUMBER AND PASSWORD SECURITY
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account number and password and for restricting access to your remote wagering account. You agree to take all reasonable steps to avoid disclosing (whether deliberately or accidentally) your account number and password to anyone, and accept full responsibility for all activities and transactions that occur under your remote wagering account, whether or not authorized by you. You also agree to (i) immediately notify us by email at email@example.com of any unauthorized use of your remote wagering account or password, or any other breach of security, and (ii) ensure that you exit from your remote wagering account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
- CONSENT TO TRACK LOCATION OF YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE
To participate in account wagering on your wireless device you must have a wireless device that is compatible with the 4 Bears Mobile App. We do not represent, or warrant that the 4 Bears Mobile App will be compatible with your wireless device.
- Enabling your device. The 4 Bears Mobile App must access GPS and other location information associated with your wireless device. You agree to enable your wireless device to allow us to access your wireless device’s location information from time to time, and consent to us verifying your location using GPS or other location technologies.
- Wireless Carrier owns location-based information. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge and agree that the location of your wireless device is information that is owned by your wireless carrier; and you have no expectation of privacy when using your remote wagering account as it relates to identifying the location of your wireless device.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR LOCATION, PERSONAL & NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
- INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
ALL STATISTICS AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH 4 BEARS ARE UNOFFICIAL AND OFFERED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. While we, and the third parties used to provide our Services (“Third Party Providers”) use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, neither we nor our Third Party Providers warrant or make any representations of any kind with respect to the information provided to you through our Services. You agree that we, as well as our Third Party Providers, shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via our Services and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
- 4 BEARS’S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- We Own 4 Bears’s Materials. You acknowledge and agree that our Website, the 4 Bears Mobile App, 4 Bears wagering accounts and/or Services contain proprietary and confidential information, including, but not limited to: (i) Content (e.g., promotions, contests, news, other reports, data, graphics, text, the selection thereof, visual interfaces, information), and (ii) alerts, (iii) computer code, (iv) software, (v) software compilations, (vi) underlying source code, (vii) products including wireless device applications and (viii) services, (all of which are collectively referred to as “4 Bears’s Materials” or “Materials”), which are subject to copyright and other proprietary rights which are either owned by us, or used by us under license from third-party rights owners.
- Intellectual Property Rights; 4 Bears Marks. You agree that all intellectual property rights in our trademarks, trade names, service marks and other 4 Bears logos and brand features, and product and service names and trademarks (“4 Bears Marks”) vest in us and/or third-party licensors. You agree not to display, use or reproduce, in any manner, the 4 Bears Marks without our prior written consent. Under no circumstances shall the use of our Services or Materials grant to you any interest in any intellectual property rights (for example, copyright, know-how or trademarks) owned by us or by any third party whatsoever, other than a personal, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable license to use such intellectual property rights in connection with your personal, non-transferable, revocable, non-commercial use of the our Services and Materials pursuant to the Terms of Service.
- Derivative Works. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by us or the applicable licensor (such as an advertiser), you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform or create derivative works based on our Services, or Materials, and such Content or the software, in whole or in part.
- Third Party’s Intellectual Property Infringement Claims. You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the 4 Bears Mobile App in your possession and use of the 4 Bears Mobile App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, we (not the 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors) shall be solely response for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- LEGAL COMPLIANCE
You represent and warrant that you will comply with applicable local, state, federal, and international laws when using our Website, the 4 Bears Mobile App, any 4 Bears wagering account and any 4 Bears Materials and Services. You further represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in any country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree to comply with any terms, rules and/or policies that may be incorporated into this Agreement, as well as your agreements with your wireless carriers, the 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors (such as, and/or including but not limited to Apple®) and other third parties. You will be responsible for any cost and expenses incurred by us (including attorneys’ fees) as a result of your misuse or use.
- PROHIBITED USER CONDUCT
YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU WILL NOT, NOR WILL YOU ALLOW, OR ASSIST OTHERS TO:
- Access the restricted areas of the 4 Bears Materials if you are under the age of 21 years old;
- Access, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or use the 4 Bears Materials or Services for any commercial or non-private use, it being understood that 4 Bears Materials and Services are for personal, non-commercial use only;
- Access or use the 4 Bears Materials or Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, data protection and privacy, rights of publicity, and import or export control;
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity, or access the Website or the 4 Bears wagering account of other users;
- Sell or transfer or allow another person to access your account password, profile, or 4 Bears remote wagering account; nor
- Use any wireless device, or Kiosk to access your 4 Bears remote wagering account in a manner inconsistent with or in violation of this Agreement.
- VIRUSES, HACKING & OTHER OFFENSES
YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU WILL NOT, NOR WILL YOU ALLOW, OR ASSIST OTHERS TO:
- Attempt to or actually remove, circumvent, disable, damage, override or otherwise interfere with security related features of or related to the 4 Bears Materials or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the 4 Bears Materials, or features that enforce limitations on use of the sports account wagering services;
- Attempt to or actually intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the 4 Bears Materials or any User’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating or propagating viruses, works, trojans, logic bombs or other material or code that is malicious or harmful;
- Knowingly or negligently use any features which may interfere with or affect the function of the 4 Bears Materials in any way, or any User’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating or propagating viruses, works, trojans, logic bombs or other material or code that is malicious or harmful;
- Use the 4 Bears Materials in connection with hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance or any application in which the failure or inaccuracy of that application or the 4 Bears Materials could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the 4 Bears Materials, or any part of it, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the 4 Bears Materials, or any part of it, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the 4 Bears Materials or any activities conducted on or through the 4 Bears Materials;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the 4 Bears Materials for any purpose without our express written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the 4 Bears Materials or modify them in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the 4 Bears Materials, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the 4 Bears Materials;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to extract, generate or retrieve source code from any compiled binary provided in any 4 Bears Materials underlying the Website, Kiosk or the 4 Bears remote wagering account, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted by mandatory law (see also Section 20(i));
- Modify, translate, adapt, arrange or create derivative work based on the 4 Bears Materials, in whole or in part, for any purpose (see also Section 11);
- Export the technology in the 4 Bears Materials in violation of applicable export control laws;
- Interfere with, overload, “flood”, “crash” or disrupt 4 Bears, which may include, but is in no way limited to, submitting in any manner (i.e., manual or automated) an unreasonable amount of account sign-ons that require location verification;
- Flood the Website with information, multiple submissions or “spam”;
- Corrupt the Website;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, the servers on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website or necessary to operate and deliver 4 Bears, Services; nor
- Interfere or tamper with, remove or otherwise alter in any way, any information, in any form which is included on the Website.
- OUR RIGHT TO REFUSE ACCESS AND TO SUSPEND, MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE SERVICE
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ACCESS TO ANY USER, FOR ANY REASON, TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY, AND WITHOUT ANY NOTICE. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DENIAL OF ACCESS, MODIFICATIONS TO, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SERVICE.
- TERMINATION AND CLOSURE OF YOUR ACCOUNT
- By 4 Bears. You agree that we may, without prior notice, immediately terminate, limit your access to or suspend your remote wagering account, any associated email address, and access to our Services. Cause for such termination, limitation of access or suspension shall include, but is not limited to: (i) breaches or violations of the Terms or Rules or other incorporated rules, agreements or guidelines, (ii) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (iii) discontinuance or material modification to the 4 Bears Materials and remote wagering account (or any part thereof), (iv) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (v) extended periods of inactivity, and (vi) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities.
- By You. You may close your remote wagering account, and terminate any associated email, by submitting a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the manner set forth in our Terms and Rules.
- Pending Investigations. By opening an account with 4 Bears, you give us the authority to withhold deposited funds during an investigation initiated by the Three Affiliated Tribes, State of North Dakota, tribal and state government agencies or other regulatory authorities, until such time as 4 Bears has been notified that said investigation has been completed and the funds may be released. Such investigations may involve, but are not limited to, matters regarding: source of funds, having someone bet for you, suspicious account activity, or other alleged actions regarding you or your account. Depending on the outcome of such investigations, funds may be forfeited to the applicable regulatory authority and/or government agency.
- Effect of Termination. You agree that all terminations, limitations of access and suspensions of your remote wagering account shall be made in our sole discretion and that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination, limitation of access or suspension of your remote wagering account, or access to our Services. Terminating your remote wagering account includes any or all of the following: (i) terminating your access to all or part of our Services, (ii) deleting your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (iii) barring you from further use of all or part of our Services. Upon termination, you will lose access to your remote wagering account but you will be and remain responsible for fees for wireless carrier services or that any third party may legally impose, if any. We will have no further liability to you or any further obligations under this Agreement.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES; DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS; THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES; AND LICENSE TERMS
- Our Website, and the 4 Bears Mobile App may include links to other websites (e.g., sponsors’, or advertisers’ websites) or services solely as a convenience to you. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites, or resources, that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any such linked sites or the information, material, products or services contained on other linked sites or accessible through other linked sites. Furthermore, we make no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products or services that are contained on or accessible through linked sites. Access and use of linked sites, including information, material, products and services on linked sites or available through linked sites is solely at your own risk.
- Dealings with Advertisers. You understand that our Services may be advertising sponsored and may include advertising presented each time our Website or the 4 Bears Mobile App is initially accessed, and you consent to receiving such advertisements. You understand and agree that your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through our Website or the 4 Bears Mobile App are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on our Website or the 4 Bears Mobile App.
- Products or Services Provided by Third-Parties. Parties other than 4 Bears may provide services or sell products via the 4 Bears Materials. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not make any representations regarding, or warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or the content of their product and service offerings. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of all these and any other third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other terms and conditions of use.
- Third-Party License Terms. Some products and services are provided from third-parties and therefore the use of such products and services are also governed by such third-party license terms. In such case, you will also be subject to such third-party license terms.
- 4 BEARS NOTICES
We may provide you with notices, including but not limited to email, SMS, MMS, text message, postings on the 4 Bears Materials or other reasonable means now known or hereafter developed. You might not receive such notices if you violate these Terms by accessing our Services in an unauthorized manner. Your agreement to these Terms constitutes your agreement that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed the 4 Bears Materials in an authorized manner.
- CARRIER CHARGES
The 4 Bears Mobile Sports App delivers content via (i) mobile carrier networks through their data channel, text messaging, and (ii) proprietary communication channels. YOU MAY INCUR DATA CHARGES AND TEXT MESSAGING CHARGES THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU HAVE AN ADEQUATE DATA AND TEXT MESSAGING PLAN AND MONITOR SUCH USAGE REGULARLY. TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE AN ADEQUATE DATA AND TEXT MESSAGING PLAN WE RECOMMEND YOU CONTACT YOUR WIRELESS CARRIER TO VERIFY YOUR PLAN AND ASSOCIATED COSTS FOR DATA AND TEXT MESSAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CARRIER CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS.
- SCOPE OF LICENSE
- License Granted to use the Website. We grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use our Website.
- The 4 Bears Mobile App.
- i) License Grant. We hereby grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the 4 Bears Mobile App for your personal use on a wireless device (including, but not limited to, iPhone, that you own or control as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the applicable APP Store Terms of Service, “Usage Rules”), which is associated with your remote wagering account and which may be accessed by a single password. You may not distribute or make the 4 Bears Mobile App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the 4 Bears Mobile App. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this license), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or credit derivative works of the 4 Bears Mobile App, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the 4 Bears Mobile App). (See also Sections 11 and 14). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of the included with the 4 Bears Mobile App and its licensors. If you breach this restriction, you may be subject to prosecution and damages.
- ii) Software Update. We may from time to time issue updated versions of the 4 Bears Mobile App and may automatically electronically update the version of the 4 Bears Mobile App that you are using on your wireless device. You consent to such automatic updating (and receiving notices notifying you that updates have been issued) on your wireless device, and agree that the Terms and conditions of this license and Agreement will apply to all such updates.
iii) Open Source. With respect to any open source or third-party code that may be incorporated in the 4 Bears Materials, such open source code is covered by the applicable open source or third-party EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code.
- iv) Rights Reserved. The foregoing license grant under this Agreement is not a sale of the 4 Bears Materials or any copy thereof and we retain all rights, title, and interest in the 4 Bears Materials (and any copy thereof) and Services. Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void. We reserve all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement.
- v) Termination of License. The license is effective until terminated by you or us. Your rights under this license terminate automatically without notice from us if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this license and Agreement. Upon termination of the license you shall cease all use of and disable the 4 Bears Materials (and any copy thereof).
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless, 4 Bears and the 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors (such as, and/or including, but not limited to, Apple®), including all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, partners, agents, and permitted assigns, for, from and against any and all damages, losses, liabilities, obligations, penalties, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ and other professional fees related to third party claims, demands, charges or investigations, arising out of or in connection with (i) your use of 4 Bears Materials, in whole or in part, including without limitation your use or misuse of any location information, addresses, directions, or any other data you may obtain while using the 4 Bears Materials, (ii) your breach of this Agreement or your failure to carry out any obligation or responsibility hereunder, (iii) any violation by you of any requirements or restrictions of ours of any of Suppliers, and of the 4 Bears Mobile Sports Distributors or applicable laws, rules or regulations, or any access to or use of the App, (iv) the use or misuse of the location based information disclosed to third parties as set forth in your remote wagering account. In no event will you settle any claim without our prior written approval. We reserve the right, without waiving any rights to indemnification, including reimbursement of reasonable legal fees and costs, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, without your prior written consent. All indemnification obligations will continue in effect even after, and notwithstanding, any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- DISCLAIMERS; NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- a) NO WARRANTIES. THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, 4 BEARS, AND ALL OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS, AND YOUR USE THEREOF.
- b) WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS OR THEIR CONTENT AND ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY: (i) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (ii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS, (iii) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (iv) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, 4 BEARS MATERIALS AND/OR SERVICES, (v) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS OR BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (vi) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS AND ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS.
- c) DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS; THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS, YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE, OR ANY HYPERLINKED MESSAGING SOFTWARE OR WEBSITE OR WIRELESS DEVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST WAGERS OR LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU UNDERSTAND FURTHER THAT PURSUANT TO THIS PROVISION NO THIRD-PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO 4 BEARS SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND/OR WIRELESS CARRIER PARTNERS, SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS, ANY LINKS THERETO OR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO (A) THE AMOUNT PAID, (IF ANY), BY YOU TO US FOR THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS OR (B) ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- d) THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE, AS WELL AS OUR SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION 4 BEARS THIRD-PARTY WIRELESS CARRIER PARTNERS, AND THE 4 BEARS MOBILE APP DISTRIBUTORS), DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
- e) NEITHER WE NOR OUR SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION 4 BEARS THIRD-PARTY WIRELESS CARRIER PARTNERS, AND THE 4 BEARS MOBILE APP DISTRIBUTORS), WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- f) NEITHER WE, NOR OUR SUPPLIERS OR PARTNERS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION 4 BEARS THIRD-PARTY WIRELESS CARRIER PARTNERS, THE 4 BEARS MOBILE SPORTS APP DISTRIBUTORS) WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS IN TERMS OF SECURITY, SAFETY, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT 4 BEARS OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR PARTNERS OR THIRD PARTY WIRELESS CARRIERS OR 4 BEARS MOBILE SPORTS APPDISTRIBUTORS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION TO THE WIRELESS DEVICE OR TO YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU ALLEGE IS CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- g) THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS ARE INTENDED ONLY AS PERSONAL SERVICES FOR INDIVIDUAL USE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED OR RELIED ON AS AN EMERGENCY SYSTEM, OR USED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE PERFORMANCE, OR ANY OTHER APPLICATION IN WHICH THE FAILURE OR INACCURACY OF THAT APPLICATION OR THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS COULD LEAD DIRECTLY TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
- h) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE HAVE OFFERED THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS AND ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND US, AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND US. WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE 4 BEARS MATERIALS OR SERVICES TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that the 4 Bears Materials include material that constitutes an infringement of your copyrighted work, you can notify us by providing the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work;
- A description of the allegedly infringed copyrighted work;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and where on this or 4 Bears materials the allegedly infringing material is located;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the infringing material on the 4 Bears Materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you that the information you are providing in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
The above information should be sent by email to email@example.com.
or by mail to:
Four Bears Casino and Lodge
202 Frontage Rd.
New Town, ND 58763
- INTERSTATE NATURE OF COMMUNICATIONS ON 4 BEARS NETWORK
When you enroll with us, you acknowledge that in using our Services to send electronic communications (including but not limited to email), you will be causing communications to be sent through our computer networks, to portions of which are located in North Dakota, and other locations in the United States and portions of which may located abroad. As a result, and also as a result of our network’s architecture and business practices and the nature of electronic communications, even communications that seem to be intrastate in nature can result in the transmission of interstate communications regardless of where you are physically located at the time of transmission. Accordingly, by agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that use of the service results in interstate data transmissions.
- SUBMITTING IDEAS, OR INNOVATIONS TO 4 BEARS
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, proposals, products and/or technologies (“Ideas” or “Innovations”) to us through email or any suggestion or feedback links or mail, you acknowledge and agree that: (i) your Ideas and/or Innovations do not contain confidential or proprietary information, (ii) we are not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Ideas and Innovations, (iii) we shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Ideas and Innovations for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide, (iv) we may have something similar to the Ideas and Innovations already under consideration or in development, (v) your Ideas and Innovations which are not subject to a patent, automatically become our property without any obligation to you, and (vi) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us, under any circumstances.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- *Disputes. In the event of a dispute, the account holder must contact a 4 Bears Customer Support Supervisor at 800-294-5454. The Customer Support Agent will obtain all information regarding the dispute. The Customer Support Agent will inform the account holder of the name of the 4 Bears representative that will be handling the dispute resolution and provide an approximate time that the account holder will be contacted. In the event a dispute cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the account holder, then either party may contact the Three Affiliated Tribes Gaming Commission to resolve the dispute. Decisions of the Tribal Gaming Commission are final.
- *Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue; Arbitration; Statute of Limitations. This Agreement and Services offered by 4 Bears are governed by the laws of the Three Affiliated Tribes and where applicable, the laws of the State of North Dakota, and any dispute relating to this Agreement and the Services (including any arbitration proceeding) shall be decided based on Tribal and where applicable, North Dakota law. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT UNDER LAW, THE PARTIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO WAIVE THEIR RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND TO INSTEAD PROCEED BY AND WITH ARBITRATION.
- You and 4 Bears agree to resolve any claims relating to this Agreement and the Services through final and binding arbitration. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) will administer the arbitration under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. If there is a conflict between AAA rules and this Agreement, the rules set forth in this Agreement will govern. The arbitration will be held in New Town, North Dakota. ARBITRATION MEANS THAT YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. NO CLASS ACTIONS – YOU MAY ONLY RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE OF A CLASS ACTION.
- The parties agree that this Agreement excludes the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, if otherwise applicable. Additionally, you agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or relating to this Agreement and the use of the 4 Bears Materials must be commenced within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose or you waive such claim or cause of action, including the ability to arbitrate the matter.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- A provision of this Agreement may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement.
- Electronic Access, Electronic Notices, Electronic Signature. BY CLICKING ON THE “I AGREE” BUTTON YOU CONSENT TO US PROVIDING THE AGREEMENT IN ELECTRONIC FORM. YOUR AGREEMENT AND THE INTENT TO BE BOUND BY AN ELECTRONIC AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ALL RECORDS RELATING TO ALL TRANSACTIONS TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, AMENDMENTS AND NOTICES. To access and retain this electronic Agreement and use our Website and your remote wagering account, if any, you must have access to the World Wide Web either directly (via computer and modem) or through devices that access the web-based content and pay any applicable fees. You may save this Agreement in non-electronic form into any word processing program or print it. You have the right to receive this Agreement provided to you in electronic form. If you withdraw your consent and/or request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, send such request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction.
- All options, rights, and covenants contained herein that are intended to survive will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement. Any provisions concerning the limitations of liability, disclaimers, and indemnification contained herein will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- The heading references herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of this Agreement and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
- No Liability Against Suppliers, 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors; Third Party Beneficiaries. You acknowledge and agree that (i) this Agreement is between you and us, and not your wireless carrier or wireless device manufacturer (“Suppliers”) or the 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors and their subsidiaries, (ii) we, (and not the Suppliers or the 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors), are solely responsible for the 4 Bears Materials, including the 4 Bears Mobile App, (iii) the Suppliers and 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors have no responsibility whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the 4 Bears Materials, including the 4 Bears Mobile Sports App (as stated in Section 29), (iv) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Suppliers and the 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the 4 Bears Materials including the 4 Bears Mobile App, (v) the Suppliers and 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors are not responsible for any claims (including, product liability claims, any claims that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, or arising under consumer protection or similar legislation) that you or third-parties have arising out of your use of the 4 Bears Materials, including the 4 Bears Mobile App, (vi) the Suppliers and 4 Bears Mobile Sports App Distributors will have no responsibility whatsoever for the investigation, defense, settlement or discharge of any third-party claim that the 4 Bears Materials infringe on a third party’s intellectual property rights (as stated in Section 11 4 Bears Proprietary Rights), and (vii) the Suppliers and 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors and their subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and, upon your acceptance of this Agreement, the Suppliers and 4 Bears Mobile App Distributors will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary.
- Commercial Items. The 4 Bears Mobile App and related documentation are “Commercial Items,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. 227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, as it may be amended from time to time, including any documents referred to herein, constitutes the entire and exclusive statement of Agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter, superseding any and all previous proposals, representations or statements, oral or written. In entering into this Agreement, neither party has relied upon any statement, representation, warranty, nor agreement of the other party except for those expressly contained in this Agreement. Any representations, warranties, or promises alleged between the parties pertaining to the subject matter of this Agreement that differ in any way from this Agreement’s provisions are of no effect. The provisions of this Agreement may not be explained, supplemented or qualified through evidence of trade usage or a prior course of dealings. There are no conditions precedents to the effectiveness of this Agreement other than those expressly stated in this Agreement.
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE AWARE OF A VIOLATION
You agree that if you witness or become aware of any user activity that violates the Terms of Service, and/or Rules then in effect, you shall as soon as practicable report it to us at email@example.com. We cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your email, but we appreciate your assistance in bringing it to our attention.
- NOTIFY US OF ACTS CONTRARY TO THIS AGREEMENT
If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement or any mandatory laws, you agree to provide us with detailed thirty (30) days prior written notice before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation.
- MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT FOR THE 4 BEARS MOBILE SPORTS APP
We are solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services for the 4 Bears Mobile Sports App, as specified in this Agreement in Section 26 or as required under applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that the 4 Bears Mobile Sports App Distributors have no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services for the 4 Bears Mobile Sports App. If you have any questions, complaints, or claims, with respect to the 4 Bears Mobile Sports App or require assistance please contact us.
You may contact us by email at: or at the following address: 202 Frontage Rd New Town, ND 58763. You may also call
We encourage responsible gaming by educating its employees and by making problem gambling information available to our customers at our race and sports book counters and on our website. If you suspect you or someone you know may be experiencing some of the warning signs of problem gambling please visit our website at confidential information and assistance.
U.S. Patent Pending.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CLICK THE “I AGREE” BUTTON AND DO NOT CONTINUE TO DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR OTHERWISE USE THE 4 BEARS MOBILE APP OR OUR SERVICES.
ACCOUNT WAGERING RULES
The Account Wagering Rules, the House Rules posted in all 4 Bears Race & Sports Books (“4 Bears”)* and the Terms of Service on the 4 Bears website), (collectively, “Rules and Terms”) apply to account wagering. 4 Bears reserves the right to add, change, or modify the Rules and Terms at any time. Customer agrees to be bound by such changes.
OPENING AN ACCOUNT
All account applicants must be at least 21 years of age. To open an account a customer must complete a wagering account application, submit a clear copy of a valid driver’s license, government ID, or check cashing card with picture, and attest to statements required under Tribal Gaming Laws and Regulations. A wagering account application form is available on the 4 Bears website and at select 4 Bears locations. Prior to opening an account, a customer will be provided with a copy of 4 Bears’s Account Wagering Rules and procedures for account wagering. It is the customer’s responsibility to be aware of all wagering rules, including subsequent changes. Upon opening an account, 4 Bears will provide each customer with an account number and password reasonably designed to prevent the acceptance of wagers from persons other than the customer for whom the wagering account was established. A 4 Bears account is for the personal use of the registered account holder and is not transferable. It is the Customer’ responsibility to maintain the secrecy of his/her account number and password. If the customer feels that his/her account number and/or password have been compromised, he/she should immediately contact 4 Bears Customer Support at 4 Bears reserves the right to refuse establishment or maintenance of accounts at its sole and absolute discretion. Customer’s account is subject to Three Affiliated Tribes Gaming Commission rules and regulations and will only be active for wagering for a one (1)-year period after the account is opened unless Customer: (a) places an account wager at least once every year; or (b) renews the account for an additional one (1)-year period and appears in person to sign a renewal form.
Wagering account deposits must be made in person at select 4 Bears deposit locations or by approved electronic transfers. The minimum deposit for opening an account is $5. No interest shall accrue on funds deposited in a customer’s account. Funds may not be deposited into a suspended or closed account. 4 Bears reserves the right to refuse deposits to accounts for what it deems in its sole discretion to be a good and sufficient reason.
Subject to funds involved with pending investigations as described in the Terms of Service, an account holder may withdraw funds from an active account at any time up to the amount of the account balance. Withdrawal requests must be made at select 4 Bears locations or by mail. 4 Bears reserves the right to request proper identification and/or verification of information prior to allowing any withdrawal. Withdrawals of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) or more may require a five (5) day advance notice. 4 Bears reserves the right to pay withdrawals by check. Withdrawn funds may be mailed to the account holder at the address given.
Account wagers will be accepted only during specified wagering hours. Account holders may not make wagers from their account while located outside of the Fort Berthold Reservation. Placing or attempting to place a wager while outside the Fort Berthold Reservation is a violation of tribal law and may result in the criminal prosecution of the account holder. When placing a wager the account holder must provide his/her account number and password for verification purposes. All wagers will be verified to the account holder by 4 Bears at the time the wager is placed. The account holder must confirm wager in order to constitute action and will be final and binding. If an event is locked out during a transaction, there will be no wager. Wagers cannot be cancelled after the wager is completed. Total wagers may not exceed the balance in a wagering account. 4 Bears determines the minimum and maximum wager on all events. The minimum total wager per transaction is $2. All wagers are subject to 4 Bears’ Rules and Terms. Check the account wagering device for the latest odds. All odds are subject to change. 4 Bears reserves the right to refuse any wager or delete or limit any selection(s) prior to the acceptance of the wagers. All wagers must be at full face value. Payments on winning account wagers shall be posted to the account holder’s wagering account as soon as reasonably practicable after the event is declared official. Winnings are taxed in accordance with IRS requirements. Any single wager paying 300 times the amount wagered and at least $600 is taxable income. It is the account holder’s responsibility to come to a manned 4 Bears location and complete the W-2G. If any winnings minus the amount wagered exceed $5,000, federal taxes are withheld and the balance deposited to the account holder’s account. 4 Bears will report all W-2G information to the IRS, as required. 4 Bears reserves the right to declare the account wagering system closed for receiving any or all wagers. Wagers may not be accepted on a suspended account.
An account holder may request a statement of account showing all account activity during the time period reported by the account statement. Disputes shall be resolved as set forth in the Three Affiliated Tribes or where applicable, the State of North Dakota. 4 Bears reserves the right to suspend or close any account at any time.
CLOSING AN ACCOUNT
An account holder may close his/her account by going to select 4 Bears locations.
In the event of a dispute, the account holder must contact a 4 Bears Customer Support Supervisor at The Customer Support Agent will obtain all information regarding the dispute. The Customer Support Agent will inform the account holder of the name of the 4 Bears representative that will be handling the dispute resolution and provide an approximate time that the account holder will be contacted. In the event a dispute cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the account holder, then the Three Affiliated Tribes Gaming Commission can be contacted to resolve the dispute. Decisions of the Tribal Gaming Commission are final.